Re: Setting up multiple listeners

From: Alan Formstone <aformstone_at_us.lhsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 18:03:45 -0500

listener = in the listener.ora file is the name of the default listener, it could be called anything.

create the same section again with a different name eg listener2 = and use a different port.

All the parameters such as SID_LIST_listener_name , LOG_DIRECTORY_listener_name need to be configured as you use them.

To start the non default listener you need to state its name in the lsnrctl command

lsnrctl start listener2

HTH,
Alan