Locally managed tablespaces

From: Bill Marcus <bill_marcus_at_emory.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:34:51 -0500

I've read in the "New Features" blurbs about "locally managed tablespaces", in which each tablespace takes care of space allocation to segments using a bitmap of freespace. It promises to free us from having to specify storage parameters, I imagine a la SQL Server. Any experience with this, especially any reports of this feature being prone to problems?

I also don't see any support for this with the latest version of Enterprise Manager. Received on Wed Feb 23 2000 - 11:34:51 CST