Re: Operating System BACKUP procedure of an open database !

From: Christian MERCK <cm_at_sdv.fr>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:52:28 +0100

Thank's !!
I 've done "alter system switch logfile". Now I haven't problem about archive log number , but it still give me an error about the tablespace system :

    ORA_01113 : File 1 needs media recovery.     ORA_01110 : data file 1 : D:\DATAFILES\MEDIA\SYSTEM.001

 I will explain you what i want. Tell me if it's a good solution ! In order to backup the database, I want to make a full database backup once a week. Then every days, I just want to backup the archives redo logs. So, if there is a crash or something else, I could apply the archives redo logs on my full database backup and restore the database in the same state.

That's why I try to apply my archives logs ! But actually, i always have errors.