Re: Connection two select from where blocks

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 16:50:35 GMT

In article <20000220234441.09896.00000754_at_ng-fu1.aol.com>,   spotly_at_aol.comEatSpam (Spotly) wrote:
> I'm trying to get the following fields:
> ONHAND, RENTED, ONTIME, OWED...and so on from the following. I know
that the
> UNION isnt correct, but I cant seem to figure out how to do this. If
someone
> could point me in the general direct I would appreciate it. Thanks
for any
> help. Tim H.
>
> SELECT COUNT(C.DVD_CODE)-COUNT(R.DVD_CODE) AS ONHAND
> FROM DVD_COPY C, DVD_RENTAL R
> WHERE R.RENTAL_DATE IS NOT NULL
> AND R.RETURN_DATE IS NULL
> UNION

Spotty, I noticed is that you have no join condition in the first statement. Don't you need a line where R.key = C.key otherwise you are joining every row of C to every row of R. --
Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that  you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Feb 21 2000 - 10:50:35 CST