Re: Descending Indexes

From: Ritu <ritub_at_teri.res.in>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 04:08:52 GMT

Thanks for all the responses. In the meantime I found out a way in Delphi using the Query component. Since this is Oracle based list I will just write very briefly about it for the benefit of others. The InfoPower component TwwQuery (Tquery can also be used I think same way) can be used with property RequestLive set to true. And in query obviously the clause 'order by a Desc' can be used. And the property RequestLive makes it possible to update the table.

Ritu

In article <87ljf5$sn1$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Ritu <ritub_at_teri.res.in> wrote:
> Hi
> I have struggled so much but couldn't find a way to create desceding
> indexes using Oracle8 and Delphi4. My problem is that I want to
display
> dates in descending order and also at the same time give the facility
> update them so cannot use queries and views don't allow order by
clause.

> Can anybody tell help me in solving the problem
>
> Ritu
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Feb 09 2000 - 22:08:52 CST