Re: replication read only snapshots?

From: Pat Minnis <pminnis_at_indianaonline.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 22:17:59 -0800

I don't think snapshots can work the way you want. They use a select statement on the snapshot side. You may have to look into advanced replication -- although I have no knowledge or experience of such things. You could set up a database link to the remote database (instead of a snapshot) and update the remote tables directly, perhaps having database triggers do the replication -- then again, I think this is just a narrow picture of a bigger world.