Re: startup bug?

From: <kal121_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 17:16:13 GMT

Perhaps I should mention that this is a new problem. In the past, I've successfully started and stopped databases with other users besides SYS and INTERNAL by adding them to the password file and setting REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE=true.

I've been having some weird problems on Linux.

In article <38a282fa.5728367_at_news.remarq.com>,   dcowles_at_i84.net (Doug Cowles) wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Feb 2000 22:16:04 GMT, johng_at_mm.com (TurkBear) wrote:
>

> >Once the database is shutdown, it cannot resolve user names as usual,
so only
> >connect internal ( or whatever the new form of that is in 8i ) will
work..

> Isn't that what the password file is for?
>

> >kal121_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> >
> >>Does this seem weird to anybody?
> >>v.8.1.5.0.2 for Linux RH 6.1
> >>

> >>[oracle_at_persian oracle]$ svrmgrl
> >>
> >>Oracle Server Manager Release 3.1.5.0.0 - Production
> >>
> >>(c) Copyright 1997, Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
> >>
> >>Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.5.0.2 - Production
> >>With the Partitioning and Java options
> >>PL/SQL Release 8.1.5.0.0 - Production
> >>
> >>SVRMGR> connect kal/secret_at_prod as sysdba
> >>Connected.
> >>SVRMGR> shutdown
> >>Database closed.
> >>Database dismounted.
> >>ORACLE instance shut down.
> >>SVRMGR> startup
> >>ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
> >>
> >>It allows me shutdown, but then I can't start it up again because I
have
> >>"insufficient privileges"! Sysdba and sysoper privs *are* assigned
> >>kal.
> >>

> >>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >>Before you buy.

> > http://www.newsfeeds.com The Largest Usenet Servers in the
World!
> >------== Over 73,000 Newsgroups - Including Dedicated Binaries
Servers ==-----

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Feb 08 2000 - 11:16:13 CST