Solstice Backup and Enterprise Backup Utility

From: Herbert Zarb <herbert.zarb_at_bov.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 18:35:45 +0100

Hi,

I'd love any sort of help on this matter.

We are using Solstice Backup + Oracle's Enterprise Backup Utility to backup up the database on the cluster. Basically, this combination enables us to perform online database backups (i.e. backup of datafiles + archive logs). We seem to be having no
problem whatsoever to back up. However, when we are trying to restore the backup on a different machine to check the validity of the backup, we are encountering several, different problems. To make matters worse, the problems vary from time to time - the most common problems have been:

We are rather at a loss as to why these problems are occurring. We have no problem using Solstice to back normal UNIX files and the tape does not seem to have any hardware problems whatsoever.

I would really appreciate if anyone using these tools can suggest anything. Please forward any replies to my own address since I don't have regular access to the newsgroups.

Thanks a lot,
Herbert Received on Tue Feb 08 2000 - 11:35:45 CST