Dynamic PLSQl in Cursor For Loop

From: Keith Jamieson <jamiesonk_at_phoenix.ie>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 11:59:42 -0000

Version of Oracle is 7.3.4
If you have a cursor for loop, can you specify the select statement in a string and then use the string.

ie instead of
FOR c in SELECT a,b,c,d

                    FROM tablename
                 WHERE blah

Can i use
select_string := 'SELECT a,b,c,d FROM tablename where BLAH' and then
FOR C in select_string

This would be nice if I could use it, but I have a workaround if I can't. Thanks for your time and effort
Keith Received on Tue Feb 08 2000 - 05:59:42 CST