Re: password problems!

From: Lothar Armbüster <lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>
Date: 6 Feb 2000 11:53:42 +0100

kal121 wrote at 04-Feb-00 23:05:15
on the subject password problems!:

>I don't know what happened, but something strange.

[...]

>Secondly, for some bizarre reason, the passwords on my machine for SYS
>and SYSTEM have *reverted* back to CHANGE_ON_INSTALL and MANAGER. I did
>not do this myself!

>Now, when I login and try to:

>sqlplus>alter user system identified by frootloop;
>ERROR:
>ORA-01041: internal error. hostdef extension doesn't exist

We encountered a similar error when we installed OEM on an NT box with an Oracle 8i database. The OEM brings its own Oracle client dlls which are 8.0 and puts them at the beginning of the source path. This way some tools (e.g. Borland BDE) were not able to connect anymore giving an error about missing hostdef extension. The normal oracle tools like SQL*Plus worked though...

We first changed the search path order to list the 8.1 bin directory before that of OEM and, for safety, reinstalled the 8i client software. Then it worked again.

Maybe this gives you some hints...

Lothar

--

Lothar Armbrüster       | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
Hauptstr. 26            | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de