password problems!

From: <kal121_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 22:05:15 GMT

I don't know what happened, but something strange.

I've been running the orapwd utility quite a bit, running some tests that sort of thing.

First of all, the orapwd doesn't do what it's supposed to do, which is to change the password for SYS and INTERNAL.

Secondly, for some bizarre reason, the passwords on my machine for SYS and SYSTEM have *reverted* back to CHANGE_ON_INSTALL and MANAGER. I did not do this myself!

Now, when I login and try to:

sqlplus>alter user system identified by frootloop; ERROR:
ORA-01041: internal error. hostdef extension doesn't exist

alter user system identified by frootloop *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Feb 04 2000 - 16:05:15 CST