Crystal Reports & Oracle

From: Nathalie Thibault <nthibault_at_interfiniti.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 14:55:37 -0500

We are in the process of transforming our existing Sybase/MSSQL reports to Oracle. We are using Crystal Reports and simply calling stored procedures which return a result set. Unfortunately, we have to stick with Crystal Reports.

Since Oracle doesn't return a result set, and I don't believe I can enter PL/SQL code in Crystal Reports - the first thing that comes to my mind would be to insert the rows 'produced' by the stored procedure, into a physical table (since oracle doesn't have temporary tables) , then to select the rows from this table.This doesn't seem to be a very effective implementation in a multi-user environment since we would have to deal with locking issues etc.. etc.. etc..

Can anyone think of a better way to do this ?

Thanks,
Nathalie. Received on Sat Feb 05 2000 - 13:55:37 CST