HELP - Oracle Admin on NT vs UNIX ??

From: Richard A Papaj <papaj_at_acsu.buffalo.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 10:13:05 -0500

I have a background as an Oracle DBA in a UNIX (Solaris) environment. I have no experience with Oracle on NT but soon may have an instance on NT to support. Just a few questions:

How different is Oracle db administration on NT versus UNIX? (e.g. what is typically used in NT as the equivalent of shell scripting in UNIX, etc.)

In our environment, we have UNIX sys admins. But if we bring in NT, I may be doing some or all of the sys administration. What's the typical level of effort required for learning & maintaining NT sys administration?

How would you rate the reliability & performance of NT as a platform for Oracle?

Thanks in advance for any input.
-Rick Papaj Received on Fri Feb 04 2000 - 09:13:05 CST