Re: Compaq Ultra64/Oracle Experiences

From: Liz Reen <lreen_at_myremarq.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 15:03:10 -0500

In article <s97fd0hr1cf22_at_corp.supernews.com>, AndrewT_at_advmkt.com says...
> Is anybody out there running Oracle on the Compaq(DEC) Alpha running the
> Ultra64 OS that would like to share their experiences? In particular, is
> there many problems and how is Oracle Tech support for this platform? Any
> experiences positive or negative are welcome.

We run Oracle on NT, HPUX, and Dunix. Support is the same for all of them. UNIX wise, there are some techs who are better in one flavor than another. If I happen to get one who is not a guru on the system I am working on, they usually transfer the problem to some one who is.

Problem wise they are about the same. The intelligent agent has a couple more problems on DUNIX than HPUX. On the other hand I can create a 32 gigabyte tablespace on Dunix now problem. HPUX corrupted the tablespace when it went over 2 gigabytes (yes we had large files enabled on the HPUX box) We had the Dunix boxes first, so this was a real shock to us.

Liz
--
My real address is L I Z R a t A O L d o t C O M Received on Thu Feb 03 2000 - 14:03:10 CST