Re: Installing Oracle8i on RedHat 6.1

From: <billmil_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 19:47:13 GMT

> After I execute the script install/linux/runIns.sh
> I get the following error
> Cannot open /proc/02956 for GCCould not create Java VM
> If you can think of anything else, it would be great

We installed 8i in RH6.1 the other day. I don't know if you tried this, but the Oracle Installer wouldn't run until we executed the runIns.sh script from within the /mnt/cdrom/install/linux/ directory.

i.e.:
This didn't work:
sh /mnt/cdrom/install/linux/runIns.sh
Class not found: oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller

This did:
cd /mnt/cdrom/install/linux/
sh runIns.sh

I hope everythign works out. It's *really* annoying when you can't get the installer running.

bill milbratz
neodesic
chicago

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Feb 03 2000 - 13:47:13 CST