Re: ORA-12560 : protocol adaptater error

From: Greg Akins <gakinsNOgaSPAM_at_gatewayhealthplan.com.invalid>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 05:33:14 -0800

Huh? I just posted a question about error connecting to Oracle8.

Then after reading Torbjorn's response, I tried using svrmgr to connect. Same thing, unable to connect upon initiation, but when I connect user_at_sid, everything works fine.

Interesting thing, is since the last time this client worked, I added a Ethernet card and have installed/deinstalled several proxies (which messed with my protocol/adapter bindings).

I've reinstalled the client a couple times, and that didn't do anything.

I'll keep plugging, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

-greg