RE: DBMS_JOB: Next Date changes

From: Frederic Bidon <fbi_at_mobilix.dk>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 21:17:44 +0100

My opinion is that you can't.

DBMS_JOB uses jobs queues handled by snp process (started according to the job_queue_processes parameter).
Each snp session can handle one job at at time. When a snp is idle it scans jobs to be submited every job_queue_interval
(typically 60 seconds).

If no snp is idle, then the next job has to wait that one snp queue is free to handle it.

The problem is that the next occurence of the job will be calculated according to the actual date of execution, hence this "drift" of job execution time.

If someone smarter has found a solution, I would be also interested. The only way I have found so far is to reschedule on a regular basis my jobs
(from a script) to minimize the drift and harness the problem of automatic
rescheduling when a job fails.

To minimize the pb, you should start several snp processes and set the job_queue_interval to a smaller value.

Reagrds,

Frederic.