Re: DBMS_JOB: Next Date changes

From: Kevin A Lewis <Kevin_A_Lewis_at_Hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 15:52:51 GMT

You are hostage to the delay between the time requested and the next time the snp process picks up and launches the activity. What you can do is ensure the problem gets no worse by setting the DBMS_JOB interval to for example which ensures a daily job to run every half past ten in the evening.

    /*1:Days*/ TO_DATE(TO_CHAR(TRUNC(SYSDATE)+1,'YY-MON-DD') ||':20:30:00','YY-MON-DD:HH24:MI:SS') Okay so you cannot remove the gap between this time and when the system actually gets it going. You can ensure that a series does not get later and later, day by day.

As others have suggested you can reduce the SNP job process interval or add more processes to speed up the processes of job launch identification and action.

Regards

--
Kevin A Lewis (BOCM PAULS LTD) - Animal Feed Manufacturer - Ipswich United Kingdom)

                        <Kevin_A_Lewis_at_Hotmail.com>

The views expressed herein by the author of this document are not necessarily those of BOCM PAULS Ltd. Frederic Bidon <fbi_at_mobilix.dk> wrote in message news:2D3005375CAED31199D00008C784963F020974_at_ms02.mobilix.dk...