Probelm with EXTERNAL procedures

From: Owais Anjum <owais_anjum_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 06:58:07 GMT

Hello all

I am using external procedure to call a C dll from a stored procedure. Breifly stating, I have performed the following steps:

  1. Made a C dll. (e.g. notifier.dll)
  2. Declared the data dictionary library in Oracle. (notify)
  3. Defined the wrapper external procedure in Oracle with similar name a parameter parameters as of the C procedure

Now when I make the call to this external procedure, I get this Error at the client side:

ORA-06521: PL/SQL: Error mapping function
ORA-06522: Unable to load symbol from DLL
ORA-06512: at "IPORA.IPNOTIFY", line 0
ORA-06512: at line 1

P.S. this error is generated by extproc.exe with the title "Bad Image" I am using WinNT client with Oracle Server 8.0.4 on winNT as well.

I am unable to figure out where things are going wrong. Can any give a clue to what might be the problem area.

Thanks and regards
Owais

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jan 27 2000 - 00:58:07 CST