Re: copy package or procedure from one schema to another

From: M. Armaghan Saqib <armaghan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 15:31:18 +0500

Using my SQL PlusPlus (freeware), you can extract the procedure in SQL file and execute this in other user/schema. e.g.

SQL> exec s.getpro('GIVE_RAISE','SCOTT')
| CREATE OR REPLACE
| procedure give_raise (
| p_deptno in number,
| p_raise_percent in number )
| as
| begin
| update emp set sal = sal + (sal * p_raise_percent * .01)
| where deptno = p_deptno;

| commit;
| end give_raise;
| /

regards,
M. Armaghan Saqib

<liux99_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:869u5u$49c$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> Hi there:
> Does anybody know if there is a tool in Oracle that allows me to copy a
> procedure or package from one schema to another? Help is appreciated.
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

> Before you buy.

Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net Complaints to news_at_netfront.net Received on Sat Jan 22 2000 - 04:31:18 CST