Re: Oracle Administration

From: <gorgos_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 08:56:07 GMT

In article <25edd503.f3552749_at_usw-ex0109-066.remarq.com>,   Novice <zacNOzaSPAM_at_agorics.com.invalid> wrote:
> Here is an UDATE:
>
> Orcale server comes up normally when system boots. The
> instance sar3 comes up without any hiccup. Only problem is I
> cannot access it thru sqlplus although I am able to access
> sar3 from Sql Worksheet from a client PC.
>
> When I use svrmgrl and try to shutdown the database manually
> it gives the error
> ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
>
> So I use dbshut. I then try to start the database using
> svrmgrl and this is what I get
>
> SVRMGR> startup open sar3
> ORACLE instance started.
> Total System Global Area 4873744
> bytes
> Fixed Size 48656
> bytes
> Variable Size 4333568
> bytes
> Database Buffers 409600
> bytes
> Redo Buffers 81920
> bytes
> ORA-01504: database name 'SAR3' does not match parameter
> db_name 'sar1'
> SVRMGR>
>
> * Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also
find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful

What is the parameter db_name in the initXXXX.ora file. If it is sar1 and that is the parameter file that you're starting the db from, you'll need to change it to sar3. If it is sar3 then the instance is trying to use a different initXXXX.ora file. If that's the case, try using the startup with the pfile=initXXXX.ora clause.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jan 25 2000 - 02:56:07 CST