Re: moving indexes to another machine

From: Paul Jeynes <jeynesp_at_postoffice.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:02:47 -0000

Although the indexes effectively have to be recreated as others have stated, the easiest way to do this is to get the details from the source database's data
dictionary via a db link. Interrogate the ALL_INDEXES (or USER_INDEXES) view to
determine the indexes available, then get all the columns in each index via ALL_IND_COLUMNS. Then it's straightforward to generate the CREATE INDEX statement and execute it
on the target database using dynamic SQL.

If you'd like the source code for this, email me directly.