Re: Oracle Administration

From: Novice <zacNOzaSPAM_at_agorics.com.invalid>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 11:08:42 -0800

I should have mentioned in the first place that I am on a Unix platform. The owner of Oracle files on Unix is dbadmin. I did run svrmgrl as dbadmin and after a normal boot of Unix.

svrgmgr> connect internal
Connected
svrmgr> startup
ORA-01081: cannot start already-running ORACLE - shut it down first
SVRMGR> quit
Server Manager complete.
dbadmin #

I am quite sure that Oracle is running and that the instance called sar3 is up. I have also run coraenv on my cshell environment and input sar3 as the ORACLE_SID

ORACLE_BASE=/opt/oracle
ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/8.0.5
ORACLE_SID=sar3