Re: Oracle Administration

From: <suchandr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 19:34:55 GMT

If you have your environment right, i.e ORACLE_HOME, and ORACLE_SID set correctly, you should be able to connect. ORACLE_SID is case sensitive in UNIX. Verify this...

-Suresh

In article <13c3b2b7.83723260_at_usw-ex0109-066.remarq.com>,   Novice <zacNOzaSPAM_at_agorics.com.invalid> wrote:
> I should have mentioned in the first place that I am on a
> Unix platform. The owner of Oracle files on Unix is dbadmin.
> I did run svrmgrl as dbadmin and after a normal boot of
> Unix.
>
> svrgmgr> connect internal
> Connected
> svrmgr> startup
> ORA-01081: cannot start already-running ORACLE - shut it
> down first
> SVRMGR> quit
> Server Manager complete.
> dbadmin #
>
> I am quite sure that Oracle is running and that the instance
> called sar3 is up. I have also run coraenv on my cshell
> environment and input sar3 as the ORACLE_SID
>
> ORACLE_BASE=/opt/oracle
> ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/8.0.5
> ORACLE_SID=sar3
>
> * Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also
find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jan 24 2000 - 13:34:55 CST