Re: Run OLTP and DW/OLAP in the same database

From: Rotter Richard <rotter_at_aon.at>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 12:05:34 +0100

Hi,

I think, that this is not possible. Because the charactaristics of an OLTP Application is different to an DW applikation. For better Tuning of the database, you have to set different init.ora-Parameters for oth of the applikation.

So, i think its not a good idea to run OLAP/DW in the same database!

Richard Rotter
Oracle DBA
email: richard_rotter_at_mediaprint.at

S S Wan <sswan_at_hongkong.com.NOSPAM> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 86c8aa$d9j6_at_imsp212.netvigator.com...