Re: RedHat Linux Oracle CD

From: George Dau <gedau_at_isa.mim.com.au>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 01:51:50 GMT

"Kurt Johnson" <kujotx_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

]Quick question(s): A while back on the RedHat site, there was a link to
]Oracle to register for a Oracle 8 CD for Red Hat Linux. I assumed this to be
]a timed-trial CD.
]
]Did anybody get one? How long ago? How long is it good for? Did they send a
]contact e-mail address I can use to contact to find out what happened?

The CDs were only distributed from the USA, which takes months to get to Australia, so I downloaded 8.0.5.1 for Linux. It is not a timed-trial, it is the real thing. The license states that you must not use it for commercial use, that Oracle can search you if they want, and that you will not pass it on to anyone else; you have to wait for your own CD from Oracle or download it yourself.

I toyed with it for a while. No way I'd get approval for a license, so that's as far as it got. I downloaded mine in February last year. It still works.

--
 ,-,_|\ George Dau - Unix (Solaris, DEC Unix, Linux), Oracle, Internet. __

/    * \ Home: gedau_at_pobox.com         !  Any views or opinions expressed (OO)
\_,--\_/ Work: gedau_at_isa.mim.com.au    !  above may be mine, but are NOT ( \/ )
      v   WWW: http://pobox.com/~gedau !  necessarily those of M.I.M.     W--W