Re: SYS_C* indexes

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 07:54:10 -0500

NetComrade wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jan 2000 12:41:07 -0500, Kenneth C Stahl
> <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com> wrote:
>

> >Why Oracle would claim that they are not created by Oracle is
> >incomprehensible.
> >

> actually one can argue that they weren't created by Oracle, but by
> developers.
> In case I forgot to mention:
> We use Oracle 7.3.4 on Solaris 2.6, 2.7 boxes
> Andrey Dmitriev eFax: (978) 383-5892 Daytime: (917) 750-3630
> AOL: NetComrade ICQ: 11340726 remove NSPAM to email

Yeah, yeah. But you know what I mean though.

One of the problems is that many Oracle developers really don't understand how the RDBMS handles their SQL statements. They blithely create a table with "not null" columns and are unaware that for each of those columns a constraint will be created. What they don't realize is that if they just formulated their sql a little better they would be able to give meaningful names to each of the constraints. Received on Fri Jan 21 2000 - 06:54:10 CST