Re: Steps To Create Oracle database On Unix server

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 07:57:29 -0500

Lili nezerian wrote:

> I preared the script to create my database.
>
> I dont know what to do next :
>
> - How shall i fill my file "MyDatabase.ora" ?
> (i dont know the different parametres )
>
> - and after ?
>
> Please can some one give me the right steps

What is a MyDatabase.ora?

In most situations a file named init<sid>.ora must be created to hold parameters and in many cases there is also a config<sid>.ora file. You can have a a different name but then you must manually specify the name of this file when you mount the database. That is too much trouble for most DBAs so they just accept the default naming convention. Received on Fri Jan 21 2000 - 06:57:29 CST