Archive log cannot start automatically

From: Zhenming <zmwang_at_maloca.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:59:31 GMT

After installing the Oracle8i in my Solaris X86 version7, I changed the database running in Archive log mode, I set the parameter log_archive_start = true
and the other two parameters : log_archive-format, and log_archive_dest_1.

Then I issued : alter system switch logfile; it worked, but when re-issued it again, it didn't work. i checked the v$log, and found that the last log_group was not archived to the detination, so i had to archive it manually by using Archive log all.

i checked the parameters by issuing Show parameter log_archive_start, it showed the value was :true.

I really don't know why it cannot archive a log file automatically, i have done such things in NT, it always works. Is there any way to check an auto-archive process to see it works correctly? Any options are welcome.

Zhenming Received on Thu Jan 20 2000 - 22:59:31 CST