Re: multi-user database design

From: Glen Salisbury <g.salisbury_at_cross-productions.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:30:20 GMT

Most websites you typically see that are connected to large databases are using some sort of ODBC. MySQL and MS SQL are both able to multiple tables, with each tables containing not just thousands but millions of records.

These connections are usually a minimum of a 3-tier connection. The web-server connects constantly to the database server becuase it is faster than establishing a new connection every time an end user makes a query. To prevent the database from being compromised, each user's query then has exclusive right access for only milliseconds.

If you still have questions drop me a line.

Best of Luck,
Glen Salisbury
Multimedia Developer
g.salisbury_at_cross-productions.com