Re: SYS_C* indexes

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 16:19:14 +0100

These are unnamed primary and/or unique key constraints for which Oracle generated a name.
So your developers did create them and in an improper way. If you import those constraints in an empty database, you may end up with different index names.
You should be able to find the indexes in dba_constraints, giving you a clue as to where they belong.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
Liz Reen <Liz_at_reading.news> wrote in message news:MPG.12f0ed5daed099a2989745_at_news.supernews.com...
> A whole pile of indexes named SYS_C####### (where ###### is a number) are
> appearing in user schema's. I know that this naming convention is not
unusual in the
> system schema. Oracle support claims that these are not created by
Oracle. However none
> of my developers created these indexes. Both instances showing these
indexes have had
> a lot of import/exports. Could they have been created during the import?
I don't wish