SYS_C* indexes

From: Liz Reen <Liz_at_reading.news>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 10:01:48 -0500

        A whole pile of indexes named SYS_C####### (where ###### is a number) are appearing in user schema's. I know that this naming convention is not unusual in the system schema. Oracle support claims that these are not created by Oracle. However none of my developers created these indexes. Both instances showing these indexes have had a lot of import/exports. Could they have been created during the import? I don't wish to support a pile of write only indexes. Can anyone give me a clue as to what is happening?

Liz

--
My real address is L I Z R a t A O L d o t C O M Received on Thu Jan 20 2000 - 09:01:48 CST