Re: Restore Strategy

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 14:21:19 GMT

You'll need a control file to mount your database before you can do any sort of recovery. You'll also need the file(s) that contain the SYSTEM tablespace. If you can restore these from a backup, then you can recover your database. But it sounds like you don't have those. Can you go to an earlier backup? IMO, if you can't get an earlier version of you SYSTEM tablespace, you are in trouble. Sounds like the backup and recovery plan wasn't very solid.

HTH,
Brian