Exception when using setQueryTimeout() in jdbc

From: Arthur James <ajames_at_cisco.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 08:12:11 -0000

I am trying to set the query timeout value for the Statement class through "public void setQueryTimeout(int seconds) throws SQLException" in jdbc. If I set it to the default value 0 (which means unlimited wait), everything works fine. If I set it to any positive value, I get the following exception, when I try to execute a query. Does anyone what it means ?

Has anybody used setQueryTimeout() successfully ? I am wondering if this is a problem with the oci oracle driver. Btw, I am using Oracle 8.

> java.sql.SQLException: Missing defines
> at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
> at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
> at java.sql.SQLException.<init>(Compiled Code)
> at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(Compiled Code)
> at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBDataSet.createArrayFromTypes(Compiled
Code)
> at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doDefinesFromTypes(Compiled
Code)
> at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteQuery(Compiled
Code)
> at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecute(Compiled Code)
> at

oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(Compiled Code)
> at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeQuery(Compiled Code)
> at
> com.cisco.acs.cnk.server.handler.CompanyListHelper.getCompanies(Compiled
Code)
> at
> com.cisco.acs.cnk.server.handler.InitialAuthenticationSRH.process(Compiled
Code)
> at

com.cisco.acs.cnk.server.request.RequestManagerImpl.executeRequest(Compiled Code)
> at

com.cisco.acs.cnk.server.request.RequestManagerImpl.processRequest(Compiled Code)
> at
> com.cisco.acs.cnk.server.request._RequestManagerImplBase._execute(Compiled
Code)
> at
> com.cisco.acs.cnk.server.request._RequestManagerImplBase._execute(Compiled
Code)
> at com.visigenic.vbroker.orb.SkeletonDelegateImpl.execute(Compiled
Code)
> at

com.visigenic.vbroker.orb.GiopProtocolAdapter.doRequest(Compiled Code)
> at

com.visigenic.vbroker.orb.GiopProtocolAdapter.dispatchMessage(Compiled
> Code)
> at com.visigenic.vbroker.orb.ThreadPoolDispatcher.run(Compiled
Code)
> at com.visigenic.vbroker.orb.WorkerThread.run(Compiled Code)

Thanks

Arthur Received on Sun Jan 16 2000 - 02:12:11 CST