Re: Exception when using setQueryTimeout() in jdbc

From: ykhogaly <ykhogaly_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 11:35:41 -0700

Hi,

1]- Version of the JDBC driver and the type of JDBC driver (Thin or OCI) you are using.

2]- What machine is your database on and what client version are you using ?

  Finally please give the timeout value in milliseconds.

  E.g. if you want a query to automatically be cancelled after 4 seconds: st.setQueryTimeout(4000);

"The Views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of Oracle Corporation"

"Arthur James" <ajames_at_cisco.com> wrote in message news:948039025.353285_at_sj-nntpcache-3...
> I am trying to set the query timeout value for the Statement class through
> "public void setQueryTimeout(int seconds) throws SQLException" in jdbc. If
> set it to the default value 0 (which means unlimited wait), everything
works
> fine. If I set it to any positive value, I get the following exception,
when
> I try to execute a query. Does anyone what it means ?
>
> Has anybody used setQueryTimeout() successfully ? I am wondering if this
is
> a problem with the oci oracle driver. Btw, I am using Oracle 8.
>

> > java.sql.SQLException: Missing defines
> > at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
> > at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
> > at java.sql.SQLException.<init>(Compiled Code)
> > at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(Compiled Code)
> > at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBDataSet.createArrayFromTypes(Compiled
> Code)
> > at

oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doDefinesFromTypes(Compiled
> Code)
> > at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteQuery(Compiled
> Code)
> > at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecute(Compiled Code)
> > at
> oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(Compiled Code)
> > at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeQuery(Compiled
Code)
> > at
> > com.cisco.acs.cnk.server.handler.CompanyListHelper.getCompanies(Compiled
> Code)
> > at

com.cisco.acs.cnk.server.handler.InitialAuthenticationSRH.process(Compiled
> Code)
> > at

com.cisco.acs.cnk.server.request.RequestManagerImpl.executeRequest(Compiled
> Code)
> > at

com.cisco.acs.cnk.server.request.RequestManagerImpl.processRequest(Compiled
> Code)
> > at

com.cisco.acs.cnk.server.request._RequestManagerImplBase._execute(Compiled
> Code)
> > at

com.cisco.acs.cnk.server.request._RequestManagerImplBase._execute(Compiled
> Code)
> > at

com.visigenic.vbroker.orb.SkeletonDelegateImpl.execute(Compiled