store zipped file in Oracle

From: <vincentpang_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 05:02:10 GMT

I need to store a lot of text files into Oracle. As I know, there is no compression in Oracle. In order to reduce the DB size, I want to store the file in zipped/compressed format. Is it common to store the zipped/compressed file in Oracle (in 'Long Raw' in Ver7.3.3 or 'LOB' in Ver8)? Any good way to retrieve the zipped file for display?

Thanks your help.
Vincent,16Jan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Jan 15 2000 - 23:02:10 CST