Re: store zipped file in Oracle

From: Rus Rayburn <rus_at_localhost.localdomain>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 02:27:37 -0500

Haven't seen this done before, but it seems you could store the ziped file in a table with the BLOB type. Display, however, would be a problem.

You might want to try storing the text files in VARCHAR(2) fields. VARCHAR(2) uses only enough space to hold the data, ie column set to VARCHAR(2)5000 holding a 937 character file would only use 937.