Re: Oracle 8 on NT

From: Daniel <delj_at_flash.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:51:39 GMT

We're not having any problems with remote admin. We use PC Anywhere and I can do anything remote that I can standing in front of the server. Uptime is good. We schedule our patches/reboots (< 10 minutes) and everything works fine.

Daniel
Austin, TX

<jcollins_at_sasquatch.com> wrote in message news:Pine.NEB.4.21.0001120943310.13703-100000_at_seashell.sasquatch.com...
> as much as i loath nt, i have to say that the uptime on our oracle/nt
database has been 100% (knock-wood) this last year.

> but....it isn't just uptime. nt sucks royally for remote admin, you can't
do anything to the box because it requires a reboot and automation (even with mks toolkit) is bad. we are upgrading out production db to sun.