Oracle ORDBM vs RDBM - Performance

From: Shmuel Cohen <shmulik_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 12:07:16 GMT

I'm going to be starting a new project soon, and coming from a C++ background, I'm intrigues by the notion of Oracle's Object relational database versus a standard relational database.

Can someone who has used both explain the pros and cons of each?

My user base is expected to be <1500 concurrent users hitting a database that <50gig. This will be a transactional application (form processing), so there will be a substantial number of writes involved.

TIA! Received on Wed Jan 12 2000 - 06:07:16 CST