Re: Help needed with database links

From: fumi <fumi_at_tpts5.seed.net.tw>
Date: 11 Jan 2000 15:22:56 GMT

Jan <jan_gerards_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:85d4p1$m2$1_at_weber.a2000.nl...
> I have tried it, but now I get the next error:
> ORA-02082: a loopback database link must have a connection qualifier ????
>
> thanks in advance,
> Jan

This message shows that if you want to create a database link connecting to itself, you must add a qualifier, for example

create database link myhost_at_scott
  connect to scott
  identified by tiger
  using 'myhost';

Then, to use this database link, you can use

select * from emp_at_myhost@scott; Received on Tue Jan 11 2000 - 09:22:56 CST