Re: Re: Help needed with database links

From: Gary Waldrom <garyw_at_amonra-insight.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 21:05:41 -0000

Try setting the parameter in the init.ora file global_names = FALSE and restart your instances then name the link somethin else but ORCL.WORLD

The link is picking up the local database and trying to perform a loopback on it, I would guess that you have two databases on different machines both with a name of ORCL and global names set to true. With this option the link MUST be the same as the database name and therefore it will attempt a loopback

Gary Waldrom
Amonra Insight Ltd.
Authors of Q-file IT Quick Reference Guides http://www.q-file.com