Re: Exporting to flat text ????

From: M. Armaghan Saqib <armaghan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 09:06:05 GMT

Using my SQLPlusPlus (freeware), I can generate a script like the following to create flat files from SQL Plus.

SQL> exec s.blddat('dept')

SET HEADING OFF
SET PAGESIZE 0
SET TERMOUT OFF
SET FEEDBACK OFF
SET LINESIZE 2000
SET TRIMSPOOL ON
SPOOL scott_dept.dat
SELECT
   deptno||CHR(44)
   ||chr(34)||dname||chr(34)||CHR(44)
   ||chr(34)||loc||chr(34)
FROM scott.dept;
SPOOL OFF
SET TERMOUT ON When you execute this in SQL Plus it will generate

10,"ACCOUNTING","NEW YORK"
20,"RESEARCH","DALLAS"
30,"SALES","CHICAGO"
40,"OPERATIONS","BOSTON"

regards,
M. Armaghan Saqib

In article <85l6h5$bth$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Coolc <clarencehj_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> How do you export a oracle tabel to a flat comma delimited file?
>
> Clarence
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jan 17 2000 - 03:06:05 CST