Re: Net8 on Windows 98

From: Jerry Moseley <Jerry_at_ArtisanSoftware.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 12:51:48 -0800

Jerry Moseley wrote:

> I'm trying to establish client settings on a Windows 98 machine, and
> whenever I try to run Net8 Assistant, Net8 Configuration Assistant or
> Net8 Easy Config, the program(s) just hang. When I bring up the task
> list, it shows Launch and Jrew running, but it doesn't get past that.
> It runs fine on the NT (Server) machine, but not on 98....any ideas?
> Thanks.
>
> -Jerry

I posted this message a while back and wanted to follow up with a possible solution in case anyone else runs into this problem.

I have recently done the "Windows Update" on the Start Menu. I went through and picked out the general Windows 98 update pack along with a bunch of network security fixes that were there too. Low-and-behold, I can now run all 3 of the Net8 client config programs just fine now. This has actually worked for 3 Oracle client computers here that had the same problem prior to doing the Windows Update on them.

So, if you're experiencing the same problem, give the updates a shot!

-Jerry Received on Sat Jan 08 2000 - 14:51:48 CST