Semaphores with RedHat6.1

From: Axel Klos <axel.klos_at_knuut.de>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 23:58:37 +0100

Hello,

today i installed Oracle 8i on my Computer (128MB, AMD K6 400, Redhat 6.1, Kernel 2.2.12).
During the installation the orcl Database would not create, i think the problems are the semaphores.
I tried customize the /usr/src/linux/include/asm/shmparam and the /usr/src/linux/include/linux/sem.h,
after this step i must recompile my kernel and i receive error messages because the shmmax , shmmin
... settings. On Sun Solaris i customized only the /etc/system, reboot thats it.

Is there anyone who can me explain me exactly what i must do?

Thanks

Axel Received on Thu Jan 06 2000 - 16:58:37 CST