Re: AIX: Memory leak ?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 20:05:40 +0800

Josef Rick wrote:

> We are set up a P43 using AIX 4.3.2 and Oracle 8.1.5.
> Using Oracle Forms under Motif is just a adventure. But now is work’s.
> But what a about the memory ? „ps-el“ told a value of 42000 for each
> oracle server process. Is it true that it means each server use 42 MB of
> memory ?? I can’t believe it.
> Maybe there is someone, who run‘s such a configuration. Please give me a
> short info.
>
> Thank
>
> Josef
>
> J.Rick_at_BEA-AG.com

Don't panic on that one...Typically 'ps' and other tools report the shared memory that oracle uses for each process...Thus if your total shared memory is (say) 40M, then in your case, each process if actually using 2M of its own memory...

Look at v$sesstat and v$statname to look at the memory each connected user..

HTH
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Thu Jan 06 2000 - 06:05:40 CST