Re: Queston on Oracle

From: Doeni <doeni_at_evhr.net>
Date: 06 Jan 2000 08:44:46 +0100

Ya Li Wang <ylwang_at_smi.stanford.edu> writes:

> 1) How to merge the database file from Microsoft to Oracle 8i under
UNIX
You cannot move datafiles between platforms. You can only export/import the data, or use a database link between the databases.
> 2) which Oracle manual for 8i is the best one ?
It depends what you are looking for

> 3) How to create a tablespace ?

CREATE TABLESPACE new_ts DATAFILE '/my_path/datafile.dbf' SIZE 100M;
> 4) When I run Oracle 8i with PC version, Can I see the interface of
> database structure just like Microsoft access ?
If you want to see the physical structure of your database, you can for instance do a ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE, and look at the trace file generated.
But there are other ways to see the physical structure.

--
The fundamental aim of King Crimson is to organize anarchy, to utilize

   the latent power of chaos and to allow the varying influences to

	       interact and find their own equilibrium.
                                        -Robert Fripp