Problem logging into OEM

From: <elee3_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 19:26:22 GMT

I would appreciate ANY, ANY comments or suggestions at all! I am working on a development Oracle7.3 database on WindowNT, monitored by OEM2.0. I tried login the OEM as usual but failed.

I went to the NT eventvwr, and found this message for OracleOEM_HOME: "The service has terminated abnormally. See the file E: \OEM\sysman\log\OMS.log for details." The OMS.LOG had the following: VXA-2018 : Unable to connect to OMS registry service. My question: How can I connect to OMS registry service????

I found this message from the DBWriter trace log. "error=9205 txt: 'OSD-04016: Error queuing an asynchronous I/O request. O/S-Error: (OS 33) The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file." We only have my one OEM process, how can I find where the other process is???

Not knowing other options,I tried shutting down the OEM database, and re starting it. When I STARTUP OPEN, the database mounted but said ORA- 01991 invalid password file. I then tried ALTER DATABSE OPEN, the database opend with no problem. Why did it not complain about the invalid password file this time???

ANY COMMENTS, SUGGESTIONS? Elizabeth

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 05 2000 - 13:26:22 CST