Re: 8.1.5 - Dual gone schizoid

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 11:02:55 -0800

Had exactly this problem when I worked as a client rather than with Oracle. We allowed a manager who said he still had DBA skills to reorganize a database. Big mistake - next morning all our forms returned the 1422 error because they had a date-time field that was populated by a select from dual, and the manager had somehow ended up with two rows in DUAL. We didn't allow him to do maintenance by himself again.

We never let him forget it either!

Pete