Re: remote date transfer

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 09:22:11 -0800

Hmm, can't see the original post so I don't know what the original question was. Replication Manager is a GUI front end to all the stored procedures and packages used with replication. From memory it comes on the Enterprise Manager CD.

To enable replication you need to be running Enterprise Edition and install the replication option. This will run catrep and a few more scripts to enable it. Depending on your version, it was a separately purchasable option (that may not be the case in 8i, but I never have to pay for it anyway!).

Connection from one database to another needs a database link (or multiple links in the case of replication) to be set up. Check the SQL Reference manual for how to set up a database link.

HTH. Pete