URGENT!! -- Novell Netware 3.2 - Failing to execute Oracle 7.3.4 installer executable

From: Lisa Hudd <lisa_at_e-dba.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 13:36:08 +0000

Hi -

    We're in the middle of an upgrade of an Oracle 7.1.4 database to 7.3.4. The server is Novel Netware 3.1.2 with the 3.2 patch.

    The executable PINSTALL.NLM file in the Netware/Install directory is failing to load because it cannot find PUBLIC Symbol NWGetExtendedVolumeInfo -- we are told that the symbol is functioning in Netware 4.x but not in 3.2 version. In 3.2 it returns a value which the Oracle Installer obviously does not like. However, Oracle compatibility matrix shows 7.3.4 RDBMS as compatible with Novell Netware 3.2.

   Has anyone else encountered this?? and is there any fast solution or workaround ?

   HELP!!!! Any info is greatly appreciated!

  Regards,

     Lisa

                Lisa West Hudd
                 e-DBA Limited
                 www.e-dba.net

Leading Database Services Into the Next Millennium